What do you charge for therapy?
The cost of individual mental health therapy at In Touch Counseling Services is $220 for an initial consultation and range from $145-$175 for 50 minute sessions thereafter. Please see the events page for a list of current groups and rates.
The cost of individual nutrition counseling at In Touch Counseling Services is $120 for and initial consultation and range from $100-$115 follow up visit.
What types of payment are accepted?
Payment is collected in full at the beginning of each session.
Acceptable forms of payment include check, cash and all major credit and debit cards. There is a discount for those who opt to pay with check or cash.
Do you take insurance?
Yes, frequently insurance will cover a significant portion of the cost of therapy. However, every insurance plan is different and trying to determine exactly what your plan will cover can be tricky. We will be happy to call your insurance company for you to determine exactly what your copay and deductible will be. We will also get preauthorization for you if that is required by your plan. We bill most major insurance companies including:
- Premera Blue Cross
- PacificCare Behavioral Health
- Peace Health
- Tricare/Triwest Insurance
- Untied Behavioral
- United Health Care
- First Choice Health
* Using your medical insurance for counseling has some risks involved. In order to use your medical insurance for counseling, you must be given a mental disorder diagnosis and that diagnosis will become a part of your permanent medical record. Having a mental diagnosis on your record may carry long-term implications and may hinder you from being able to obtain life insurance, disability or health insurance in the future. Additionally, filing an insurance claim means your diagnosis, dates of service, etc., are no longer totally confidential, and your insurance company will be aware of your treatment and diagnosis.
Will my insurance cover couples counseling?
Most insurance companies do not pay for couples counseling as they do not see relationship struggles as a medical problem.
Do you accept the Employee Assistance Program (EAP) provided through my employer?
Yes, we currently accept:
- Aetna EAP
- BDA|Morneau Shepell
What if I need to cancel my appointment?
If you need to cancel your appointment:
- Clients must provide a minimum of 24 business hours advance notice to cancel or reschedule their appointment
- A $60 cancellation/missed appointment fee will be charged for appointments missed or cancelled with less then 24 hours notice; this will not be covered by your insurance company.